Sidmouth ladies’ claim classy Sheelah Creasy success over Bigbury
- Credit: Archant
There was another excellent success for Sidmouth’s Sheelah Creasy team on Monday, writes Penny Ashby.
The team defeated Bigbury ladies 6-1.
On Wednesday the ladies invited the gentlemen of the club to play in a fun-filled Texas scramble.
The sun shone all day and all the golfers enjoyed the unusual format, especially the winning groups of Marie Timms, Margaret Thompson, Bob Reynolds and Nigel Sharp, who came home in third place.
Anne Blackler, Sheila Tallon, Barry Venn and Malcolm Willoughby finished in second place.
You may also want to watch:
The winning quartet were Sheila Thomson, Jenny Shearer, John Rockey and Don Cooper.
All these teams were especially happy to receive vouchers for the culinary delights of Kerry’s kitchen!
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients