Sidmouth ladies’ cup wins for Penny Lyne and Marie Clapp
- Credit: Archant
Last week the ladies played their annual 36-hole competition for the Scratch Cup and the Handicap Cup, writes Angela Milton.
This event is played over two consecutive days.
A club medal is also played for on each day.
The winner of the Scratch cup, with scores of 87 and 85, was Penny Lyne and the runner up was lady captain Maria Clapp, who carded scores of 89 and 85.
These are the gross scores as, of course, being the Scratch Cup, handicap does not come into play.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the Handicap Cup was Maria Clapp, whose nett scores were 71 and 67.
The runner-up was Margaret Thompson, with nett scores of 73 and 69.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
The day one medal was won by Angela Coles with a nett 70 and the day two medal was won by Sheila Faulkner with a nett 67.
Also this week the Presidents Trophy team played their final fixture of the division phase at home against Downes Crediton. The result was a three-and-a-half to three-and-a-half draw.
This Wednesday, unfortunately, rain prevented play, but the ladies gathered to celebrate the 85th birthday of Paddy Hutchins, who still regularly plays in all our competitions.