Sidmouth ladies defeat Budleigh with one rink won and another shared
- Credit: Archant
With the heavy overnight rain on Tuesday Budleigh Salterton had to cancel their mixed match at Sidmouth last Wednesday, write Sue and Peter Mison.
However, the weather improved enough for two rinks of Sidmouth ladies to get to Budleigh the following day where they won on one rink and drew on the other, winning overall by 39 shots to 32.
Well done, to our winning rink Jean Brimson, Mary Turner, Elaine Reed and skip Jane Painter who won by 24 shots to 17.
On Saturday morning the Sidmouth men played another round in their Interclub competition, this time against Isca Silver on the usual two rinks at home, two away basis.
Unfortunately, Isca proved to be too strong on the day winning on all four rinks and by 104 shots to 59.
You may also want to watch:
Last Sunday Chudleigh brought three mixed teams to Sidmouth. After a good game in which Chudleigh won on two rinks, Sidmouth won overall by 60 shots to 46. Congratulations are due to our winning rink Lorna Lever, Neelia Day, Wilf Radburn and skip Ron Cook who had a substantial win by 31 shots to 8.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients