Sidmouth ladies’ defeat neighbours Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Bowls Club Yellows team hosted their friends from Ottery St. Mary in a round of the Exeter and District Ladies over 50’s Triples League on Wednesday, writes Susie Bonnell.
It was certainly a stamina test, with howling gales blowing across the greens, squally showers and yes – even some sunshine.
It was very difficult to get a good line when mid-delivery the wind pushed the bowls sideways.
Sidmouth managed to secure four of the six available points – one rink winning, one rink losing, but with the aggregate score of 35-33 giving Sidmouth the advantage.
The winning rink was played by skip, Susie Bonnell, and her team, Mary Turner and Anita Mason.
You may also want to watch:
All the ladies were more than ready for their post-match cup of tea.
Sidmouth will meet Ottery in a few weeks’ time on their home ground, so no doubt they will be looking to reverse the score!
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend