Sidmouth ladies edged out at Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies were edged out in a close encounter at Axminster, writes Susie Bonnell.
Twelve Sidmouth ladies set off in reasonable weather for a 1.40pm match start in Axminster.
All was going quite well until tea at half-time! Maybe it was the torrential rain drumming on the metal roof that distracted the ladies, but the second half was all downhill for two of the Sidmouth rinks.
Axminster concluded the game with a narrow overall win of three shots.
The winning rink for Sidmouth was the team skipped by Susie Bonnell together with Jean Brimson, Mary Bristow and Shirley Rose, who won 35-11.
You may also want to watch:
A good time was had by all catching up with our friends at Axminster and the rain kindly abated in time for us to return home.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project