Sidmouth ladies edged out at Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies were edged out in a close encounter at Axminster, writes Susie Bonnell.
Twelve Sidmouth ladies set off in reasonable weather for a 1.40pm match start in Axminster.
All was going quite well until tea at half-time! Maybe it was the torrential rain drumming on the metal roof that distracted the ladies, but the second half was all downhill for two of the Sidmouth rinks.
Axminster concluded the game with a narrow overall win of three shots.
The winning rink for Sidmouth was the team skipped by Susie Bonnell together with Jean Brimson, Mary Bristow and Shirley Rose, who won 35-11.
You may also want to watch:
A good time was had by all catching up with our friends at Axminster and the rain kindly abated in time for us to return home.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council