Sidmouth ladies’ edged out in final indoor friendly of the season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies visited Budleigh for the last ladies’ friendly for the indoor season, writes Zena Johnson.
Sidmouth and Budleigh Salterton ladies enjoyed a good afternoon of bowling at Budleigh.
Although Sidmouth gave it their best shot, Budleigh proved the stronger side, winning on both rinks and by an aggregate score of 28-35.
A close fought game played in good humour and good hospitality.
We look forward to playing against Budleigh in the summer and, perhaps, Sidmouth will prove to be the better side on the outdoor rinks.
You may also want to watch:
The Rosemullion League, run by Maureen Lamb, will soon by winding up.
This is a popular, ladies’ league played on Thursday afternoons throughout the season and all lady members are eligible to enter.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
The teams are of mixed ability, giving everyone a fair chance of earning individual points. The overall winner is determined by adding the 12 best scores of each competitor. Three or four ladies are in close contention for the title, so who will take the title depends on the last game.