Sidmouth ladies’ edged out in final indoor friendly of the season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies visited Budleigh for the last ladies’ friendly for the indoor season, writes Zena Johnson.
Sidmouth and Budleigh Salterton ladies enjoyed a good afternoon of bowling at Budleigh.
Although Sidmouth gave it their best shot, Budleigh proved the stronger side, winning on both rinks and by an aggregate score of 28-35.
A close fought game played in good humour and good hospitality.
We look forward to playing against Budleigh in the summer and, perhaps, Sidmouth will prove to be the better side on the outdoor rinks.
You may also want to watch:
The Rosemullion League, run by Maureen Lamb, will soon by winding up.
This is a popular, ladies’ league played on Thursday afternoons throughout the season and all lady members are eligible to enter.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
The teams are of mixed ability, giving everyone a fair chance of earning individual points. The overall winner is determined by adding the 12 best scores of each competitor. Three or four ladies are in close contention for the title, so who will take the title depends on the last game.