Sidmouth ladies embrace pink-themed day in memory of Coral Roberts
- Credit: Archant
This week the ladies at Sidmouth played a pink themed charity competition in memory of Coral Roberts, one of our ladies who passed away recently, writes Andrea Milton.
The competition was played in teams of three with two scores to count on each hole. For an extra challenge, David Roberts provided each team with a pink ball to use in rotation for the chance to get double points!
Twenty-five ladies took part and everyone wore pink in some form or another, including some great fun outfits with pink wigs, tutus, flowers and bows!
In first place, with a terrific score of 100, was Sheila Faulkner, Marie Timms and Yvonne Anning, playing today as the sugar plum fairies!
Second, were Mandy Furniss, Sheila Skittrall and Jacqui Jones with 95 points.
You may also want to watch:
Two people got twos, Susan Hackett and Sheila Faulkner.
David Roberts chose the best dressed team and best dressed individual.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
These were awarded to Sheila, Marie and Yvonne as a team and Sheila Tallon as individual.
However the main focus of our day was to raise money for Hospiscare and to this end a huge raffle was held, with loads of pink coloured prizes!
Nearly everybody won something and the final figure raised was £200.
Everyone had a great fun day and we were delighted to be able to help such a worthwhile local charity.