Sidmouth ladies embrace pink-themed day in memory of Coral Roberts
- Credit: Archant
This week the ladies at Sidmouth played a pink themed charity competition in memory of Coral Roberts, one of our ladies who passed away recently, writes Andrea Milton.
The competition was played in teams of three with two scores to count on each hole. For an extra challenge, David Roberts provided each team with a pink ball to use in rotation for the chance to get double points!
Twenty-five ladies took part and everyone wore pink in some form or another, including some great fun outfits with pink wigs, tutus, flowers and bows!
In first place, with a terrific score of 100, was Sheila Faulkner, Marie Timms and Yvonne Anning, playing today as the sugar plum fairies!
Second, were Mandy Furniss, Sheila Skittrall and Jacqui Jones with 95 points.
You may also want to watch:
Two people got twos, Susan Hackett and Sheila Faulkner.
David Roberts chose the best dressed team and best dressed individual.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
These were awarded to Sheila, Marie and Yvonne as a team and Sheila Tallon as individual.
However the main focus of our day was to raise money for Hospiscare and to this end a huge raffle was held, with loads of pink coloured prizes!
Nearly everybody won something and the final figure raised was £200.
Everyone had a great fun day and we were delighted to be able to help such a worthwhile local charity.