Sidmouth ladies end first half of league campaign in style
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies’ 1st XI ended the first half of their Sedgemoor Division Two campaign on a high, beating Exe III 3-1 to complete the first half of their Petroc Division One campaign sitting third in the table, having won seven of their 11 games so far.
Exe made the brighter start, scored early on, and dominated much of the first half, during which time SOHC goalkeeper Millie Guy made some excellent saves – one of them with her helmet!
Indeed, Guy was instrumental in her team only trailing by the one goal at half-time.
The second half saw the game hit by a strengthening wind and rain, but SOHC played with greater tempo, linking well in attack and beginning to create chances.
Aimee Keast and Jasmine Scott kept the pressure on the Exe D and their endeavours were rewarded as parity was restored to the contest.
You may also want to watch:
Once level, the confidence grew in the SOHC ranks and, with Rachel Ward making some brilliant runs from right back and Anna Moroz orchestrating things from midfield, it was no surprise when SOHC took the lead with a slick counter-attack launched by a free hit with a move that ended with Aimee Keast scoring.
The attacking continued and it was no more than SOHC deserved when Jasmine Scott stroked home a penalty flick to complete the scoring.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 6 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 7 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support