Sidmouth ladies end indoor season with defeat to Budleigh
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies visited Budleigh for the last ladies’ friendly for the indoor season, writes Zena Johnson
Sidmouth and Budleigh Salterton ladies enjoyed a good afternoon of bowling at Budleigh.
Although Sidmouth gave it their best shot, Budleigh proved the stronger side, winning on both rinks by an aggregate of 28-35.
We look forward to playing against Budleigh in the summer and, perhaps, Sidmouth will prove to be the better side on the outdoor rinks.
The Rosemullion League, run by Maureen Lamb, will soon be winding up.
You may also want to watch:
This is a popular, ladies’ league played on Thursday afternoons throughout the season and all lady members are eligible to enter.
The teams are of mixed ability, giving everyone a fair chance of earning individual points. The overall winner is determined by adding the 12 best scores of each competitor. Three or four ladies are in close contention for the title, so who will take the title depends on the last game.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action