Sidmouth ladies end outdoor season with the usual mixed feelings
- Credit: Archant
The end of the summer season of bowls is always bitter-sweet, writes Susie Bonnell.
The thought of going indoors to play bowls brings very mixed feelings.
It’s sad to leave the great outdoors, but it’s good not to have to wear waterproofs any more!
We always know its near the end of the summer season of bowling when we meet up for a friendly game with our local friends and rivals.
It was no exception when we first of all met up with the ladies from Madeira. We played at home, with three triples, on a breezy, but dry day.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth ladies were delighted to win on two of the three rinks and only narrowly missing by one shot on the third rink.
The winning Sidmouth rink was played by Elained Reed, Shirley Rose and skip, Eileen Hewett.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Next we hosted the ladies from Honiton. Once again, no need for waterproofs, with another sunny, breezy day. Sidmouth ladies were not so fortunate this time - losing overall to Honiton.
We had one winning rink for Sidmouth played by Marie Timms, Shirley Rose and skip, Jane Painter.
It was lovely playing great games of friendly but competitive bowls with such good friends.