Sidmouth ladies enjoy day out and a match at Clarence Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Bowling Club members certainly enjoyed their day trip to Weston-super-Mare, writes Susie Bonnell.
Leaving Sidmouth by 9.15am (ahead of the cycling events going on that day), the coach took us straight to Weston’s sandy seafront.
The 30 plus day trippers went their separate ways to enjoy the towns shops and restaurants.
Meeting up again after lunch, the coach transported the tourists to Clarence Bowls Club where we were warmly welcomed for an afternoon of bowls on their beautiful greens.
Seven rinks played in glorious sunshine. Clarence did win overall, but Sidmouth had two wins.
You may also want to watch:
The top scoring rink for Sidmouth was led by skip Eileen Hewett, with her team - Rob Wheaton, Mike Reader and Margaret King. Before we knew it, it was time to get back on the coach, tired but happy, having had a super day out.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls