Sidmouth ladies exit Yetton Trophy at hands of Torquay United
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies bowed out of the Yetton Trophy, beaten by Torquay United in a close contest, writes Susie Bonnell.
Sidmouth had been unfortunate in the draw to be paired with formidable opposition in the national competition that has a format of two rinks played home and away simultaneously.
Results are telephoned through after each set of five ends and the aggregate score decides the overall winner.
There was an exciting and tense finish with both sides anxiously waiting for the telephoned scores.
Sadly, Sidmouth were just pipped to the post, with one rink winning away and one at home, the final score was 69-63 in favour of Torquay United.
You may also want to watch:
A valiant effort by the Sidmouth ladies and – ‘better luck next year’.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?