Sidmouth ladies exit Yetton Trophy at hands of Torquay United
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies bowed out of the Yetton Trophy, beaten by Torquay United in a close contest, writes Susie Bonnell.
Sidmouth had been unfortunate in the draw to be paired with formidable opposition in the national competition that has a format of two rinks played home and away simultaneously.
Results are telephoned through after each set of five ends and the aggregate score decides the overall winner.
There was an exciting and tense finish with both sides anxiously waiting for the telephoned scores.
Sadly, Sidmouth were just pipped to the post, with one rink winning away and one at home, the final score was 69-63 in favour of Torquay United.
You may also want to watch:
A valiant effort by the Sidmouth ladies and – ‘better luck next year’.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout