Sidmouth ladies’ first competition of 2019 brings success for Liz Chance
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday, Sidmouth ladies played their first competition of 2019, writes Maria Clapp.
There was a smaller field than usual, due to the Christmas festivities.
The weather couldn’t have been better. There was a slight chill in the air, but we all dressed accordingly.
A fun stableford competition was the order of the day. Everybody said how nice it was to be back on the course again and making the most of the fresh air.
The winner was Liz Chance with 29 points. Second place went to Ross Eaton with 28 points on countback from Angela Coles. It most certainly proved to be another very close competition!
You may also want to watch:
Sheila Faulkner, our lady captain, was the only lady to achieve a two. She managed this on the fifth, therefore wins the pot of money, which had rolled over from a couple of weeks.
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 3 Sidmouth defeat Boringdon in national competition
- 4 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 5 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 New youth project will help young people's voices to be heard
- 8 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 9 Communities encouraged to apply for rural building funds
- 10 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward