Sidmouth ladies’ first competition of 2019 brings success for Liz Chance
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday, Sidmouth ladies played their first competition of 2019, writes Maria Clapp.
There was a smaller field than usual, due to the Christmas festivities.
The weather couldn’t have been better. There was a slight chill in the air, but we all dressed accordingly.
A fun stableford competition was the order of the day. Everybody said how nice it was to be back on the course again and making the most of the fresh air.
The winner was Liz Chance with 29 points. Second place went to Ross Eaton with 28 points on countback from Angela Coles. It most certainly proved to be another very close competition!
You may also want to watch:
Sheila Faulkner, our lady captain, was the only lady to achieve a two. She managed this on the fifth, therefore wins the pot of money, which had rolled over from a couple of weeks.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey