Sidmouth ladies fun golf competition win for Mo Kendall
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies held a fun golf competition. In order to ramp up the difficulty level the format involved playing with just three clubs of your choice and a putter, writes Andrea Milton.
As if that didn’t make the course challenging enough we also had gale force wind blowing in from the sea! However, eighteen ladies ventured out and overall everyone seemed to have a pleasant day.
The winner, on countback, with a score of 29 points, was Mo Kendall. Mo had two good pars on the fourth and twelfth holes.
In second place was Ladies Captain, Maria Clapp. Maria also carded 29 points and had four pars in her round. In third place was Mo Borer with 28 points.
Away from the golf course, club captain Richard Powell joined the, ladies captain, Maria Clapp and two past ladies captains, Ros Eaton and Liz Chance for an 18-mile sponsored walk for their chosen charity, Clic Sargent, which helps children with cancer.
You may also want to watch:
They all reported that it was a good experience and they were delighted to be able to raise funds for such a worthwhile cause.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon