Sidmouth ladies go out of Lacemaker’s Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies played in the first round of the Lacemaker’s Trophy, instigated by Honiton Bowls Club, on Sunday and came up against stiff opposition, writes Zena Johnson
The Lacemaker’s Trophy is a ladies knockout tournament of five disciplines, comprising of a two-wood singles, a four-wood singles, pairs, triples and fours.
Sidmouth were drawn against Torquay United in the first round. The four-wood singles and triples played away at Torquay and the other three teams played here at Sidmouth.
Although our ladies played well they were beaten on the day in all five games.
Torquay will now go on to the next round and Sidmouth look forward to trying again next year in this very popular tournament.
You may also want to watch:
Well done our ladies for a valiant effort and better luck next year.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon