Sidmouth ladies go out of Lacemaker’s Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies played in the first round of the Lacemaker’s Trophy, instigated by Honiton Bowls Club, on Sunday and came up against stiff opposition, writes Zena Johnson
The Lacemaker’s Trophy is a ladies knockout tournament of five disciplines, comprising of a two-wood singles, a four-wood singles, pairs, triples and fours.
Sidmouth were drawn against Torquay United in the first round. The four-wood singles and triples played away at Torquay and the other three teams played here at Sidmouth.
Although our ladies played well they were beaten on the day in all five games.
Torquay will now go on to the next round and Sidmouth look forward to trying again next year in this very popular tournament.
You may also want to watch:
Well done our ladies for a valiant effort and better luck next year.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help