Sidmouth ladies have mixed fortunes in latest matches
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Bowling Club ladies’ played in two friendly matches last week, writes Susie Bonnell.
As the indoor season comes to a close the ladies first welcomed old friends from nearby Madeira for a match over three rinks.
As always in such meetings, it’s a great opportunity to catch up with old friends, but that doesn’t stop the very friendly rivalry and determination to win!
On this occasion, it was Sidmouth ladies turn to shine, winning on all three rinks (albeit by the narrowest margin on two of the rinks).
The top scoring rink was played by skip, Zena Johnson, with her team, Mary Smith, Jean Green and Ann Capon.
You may also want to watch:
The very next day two teams of Sidmouth ladies were despatched to Budleigh Salterton for a lovely afternoon of bowls.
This time, however, the results were not in Sidmouth’s favour as there was victory for the home team on both rinks.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
Never mind, a good time was had by all, and there will always be another match with our good friends when we can try and turn the tables!