Sidmouth ladies have mixed fortunes in latest matches
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Bowling Club ladies’ played in two friendly matches last week, writes Susie Bonnell.
As the indoor season comes to a close the ladies first welcomed old friends from nearby Madeira for a match over three rinks.
As always in such meetings, it’s a great opportunity to catch up with old friends, but that doesn’t stop the very friendly rivalry and determination to win!
On this occasion, it was Sidmouth ladies turn to shine, winning on all three rinks (albeit by the narrowest margin on two of the rinks).
The top scoring rink was played by skip, Zena Johnson, with her team, Mary Smith, Jean Green and Ann Capon.
You may also want to watch:
The very next day two teams of Sidmouth ladies were despatched to Budleigh Salterton for a lovely afternoon of bowls.
This time, however, the results were not in Sidmouth’s favour as there was victory for the home team on both rinks.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Never mind, a good time was had by all, and there will always be another match with our good friends when we can try and turn the tables!