Sidmouth ladies have mixed results in meetings with Budleigh and Honiton
- Credit: Archant
There were mixed results in two matches for Sidmouth Ladies last week, writes Susie Bonnell.
First up a friendly meeting with Budleigh Salterton and, as is always the case when we meet our near neighbours, it was a relaxing and most enjoyable occasion and one that saw Sidmouth success on both rinks.
Both the Sidmouth rinks won by a margin of 18 shots.
Lorna Lever, Zena Johnson, Elaine Reed and Jane Painter were 31-13 victors whilst the foursome of Mary Bristow, Joan Monaghan, Evelyn Clements and Eileen Stribling won 28-10.
A trip to meet old friends at Honiton was not so profitable as all three rinks on duty were beaten!
You may also want to watch:
However, given the fact that in the morning at Honiton, their teammates had just beaten Madeira to secure their place in the next round of the Yetton Plate trophy, perhaps they were playing on a high! They did serve us with lovely mince pies (the first of the season) with our tea so we soon forgot about the final score which ended 63-37 in Honiton’s favour.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services