Sidmouth Ladies land one shot win at Isca
- Credit: Archant
Three Sidmouth ladies teams travelled into Exeter to face Isca in a three-rink friendly match, write Peter and Sue Mison.
The ladies were triumphant on two of the rinks and won a thrilling contest overall by a margin of one shot!
The best performing Sidmouth rink was that of Jackie Godbeer, Mary Bristow, Elaine Reed and skip Jane Painter who won by 22 shots to 7.
Last Wednesday afternoon Bridport played a three rink mixed friendly match at Sidmouth which saw the home side win on all three rinks and by 51 shots to 39.
There was some exceptional home bowling with the top performing rink being that of Ann Elwood, Mike Reader, Sylvia Cook and skip Ron Cook who won by 22 shots to 14.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday the Foxlands ladies played their fifth match in the league, this time against Axminster, winning on both home rinks and winning overall by 92 shots to 73 giving Sidmouth a further six points to see the side retain second place in the table.
The two home teams both won with Jan Jameson Bates, Elaine Reed, Zena Johnson and skip Chris Hamer securing a tremendous 29-8 success whilst the rink of Mary Smith, Paddy Chew, Sheila Lewis and skip Jane Painter were 23-17 victors.
- 1 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Later in the day sixteen members of Sidmouth Bowling Club enjoyed their annual visit to the Torquay Leisure Hotel complex.
Three matches were played, each with a 3-1 rink victory, against Bovey Tracey, Page Park (Bristol) and Taunton. This was the 23rd consecutive year in which the Club has visited Torquay for a post-Christmas break.
On Sunday afternoon a men’s team from Sidmouth travelled down to Plymouth to play in support of the Vice Presidents Association East versus West Devon match.
The Sidmouth team were one of seven from Eastern based clubs and drew their match 15 shots all.
Overall the West beat the East by five rinks to one and one drawn match so well done to our team Derek Mountford, Mike Reader, John Mason and skip Ron Cook.