Sidmouth ladies land Shelah Creasy League win over Downes Crediton
- Credit: Archant
Monday saw the first Sheelah Creasy League match for the Sidmouth ladies, who entertained Downes Crediton, writes Pauline Couldwell.
The weather was dry and warm and the course was in good condition after the winter.
Most of the matches were close, starting with lady captain Gill Paddon winning her match two and one.
Next out was Andrea Milton, who unfortunately, after a well fought match, lost two-and-one.
Sheelah Creasy captain Linda Reynolds won her match two-and-one and Yvonne Anning had a convincing win of six-and-four.
You may also want to watch:
Susan Hackett halved her match and Sue Billinghurst won hers, four-and-two.
This all led to the result being a Sidmouth success at five-and-a-half to one-and-a-half.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Congratulations, to all the team, who look forward to the return match at Downes Credition in June.