Sidmouth ladies lose indoor opener to Madeira
Sidmouth Ladies hosted their first ladies’ indoor match of the season, welcoming their friends from Madeira, Exmouth, writes Susie Bonnell.
Despite getting off to a good start, Sidmouth couldn’t hang on to their overall lead, with two rinks losing to the ladies from Madeira.
Sidmouth’s winning ladies, skip, Phil Nobbs and her team, Evelyn Clements, Mary Bristow and Lorna Lever, had a three point win over Madeira.
The games were actually very closely matched, but most importantly, for any friendly game, a good afternoon was had by all.
Despite the Sidmouth outdoor rinks still looking great, some heavy showers made everyone feel happier about being indoors to play.
You may also want to watch:
We will see our good friends from Madeira again this season and will try to reverse yesterday’s result to be in Sidmouth’s favour.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom