Sidmouth ladies lose indoor opener to Madeira
Sidmouth Ladies hosted their first ladies’ indoor match of the season, welcoming their friends from Madeira, Exmouth, writes Susie Bonnell.
Despite getting off to a good start, Sidmouth couldn’t hang on to their overall lead, with two rinks losing to the ladies from Madeira.
Sidmouth’s winning ladies, skip, Phil Nobbs and her team, Evelyn Clements, Mary Bristow and Lorna Lever, had a three point win over Madeira.
The games were actually very closely matched, but most importantly, for any friendly game, a good afternoon was had by all.
Despite the Sidmouth outdoor rinks still looking great, some heavy showers made everyone feel happier about being indoors to play.
You may also want to watch:
We will see our good friends from Madeira again this season and will try to reverse yesterday’s result to be in Sidmouth’s favour.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank