Sidmouth ladies mark start of indoor season in style
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Bowls Club indoor season got off to a super start this week when the ladies had their Opening Drive meeting on the final Thursday of September, writes Susie Bonnell.
The ladies indoor captain, Zena Johnson, with her vice captain, Mary Turner, were delighted to welcome in the ladies for the beginning of what will be a seven-month long indoor campaign.
Whilst there were no seagulls or squirrels to contend with, it proved quite a challenge to keep the bowls from landing in the ditch!
We didn’t realise just how many muscles we had developed from bowling outdoors and although we knew a more gentle touch was needed, that was easier said than done.
Mary Turner made a very athletic sprint across the rinks to stop a player’s wayward bowl crashing into the wrong head and lots of laughter was the order of the day.
You may also want to watch:
Well done, to Zena and Mary for getting the ladies indoor 2014/15 season get off to such a great start.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution