Sidmouth ladies’ medal success for Maria Clapp
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday, Sidmouth ladies played for medal five of the current season, writes Maria Clapp.
The weather was not at its best for the time of year.
The mist did come in during the latter stages of the competition.
Two ladies came in with nett 69, which meant they played to their handicap. Par for the course is 69. The two ladies in question were Maria Clapp and Liz Chance. Unfortunately for Liz, Maria beat her on countback with Maria taking first place and Liz second. A great result!
Third place went to Penny Lyne with nett 72. Division 1 was won by Maria Clapp, Division 2 by Ros Eaton and Division 3 went to Annie Carter. The two’s were won by Susan Hackett, who claimed her two on the 11th hole and, therefore, the pot of money! A lot of wildlife was seen on the course today, which is always lovely to see. A family of foxes have set up home near to the 18th, although they were not seen today.
You may also want to watch:
Also worth noting is that our ladies’ academy is progressing well, with numerous enthusiastic and keen ladies participating.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Talking Newspapers set to restart service