Sidmouth ladies Medal success for Sharon O’Brien
- Credit: Archant
On Midsummer’s Day, and the hottest day of the year so far, the Sidmouth ladies played their first Medal match of the season, writes Angela Coles.
This meeting should have taken place in April, but of course, the onset of the coronavirus pandemic meant a cessation of all sports until the recent easing of lockdown.
What a shame that, up to now, clubhouses and bars have not been allowed to open their doors for we certainly all needed refreshments after our game! Not too long to wait now though!
A total of 35 ladies entered the competition.
Sharon O’Brien continued her fine form of recent weeks and won the medal with a net score of 66 and winning Division Three.
You may also want to watch:
The minor places were decided on count back with Sheila Faulkner prevailing over Angela Coles both scoring a net 68.
Sheila won Division One and Division Two was won by Mo Borer with a net score of 69. All four ladies received a handicap reduction.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
Sheila won the putting prize with 28 putts.
Gerri Whitrow had the only two of the day on the fourth holes.
The two’s pot was a roll over, so drinks on Gerri - when the clubhouse opens!