Sidmouth ladies net Lane Trophy runners-up berth
- Credit: Archant
The Lane League ladies were pipped at the post for the Lane Trophy, writes Zena Johnson.
Sidmouth, Torbay and ISCA Bowling Clubs went into the last game of the season all on 42 points. Sidmouth played against Plymouth and won on all four rinks (two home and two away) and ended the season on 52 points. Torbay also won all their four rinks and finished on 52 points, but won by a higher shot difference than Sidmouth and therefore took the Trophy. Well done, Torbay, but congratulations to all our Sidmouth ladies on securing the runner up trophy, which will be presented to our ladies at the County Luncheon at the Devon Hotel in April.
Sidmouth ladies visited Exonia Club on Wednesday for a triples match against their Exeter rivals. The ladies had an enjoyable, if not a winning match. Exonia were on fire and defeated Sidmouth ladies on all three rinks, reversing a result played earlier in the season.
The ladies internal leagues are drawing to a conclusion with only three more games to play in the Thursday afternoon Rosemullion competition and two more games still to play in the Friday afternoon triples league. These have been very enjoyable leagues with many of the ladies taking part throughout the season and have been closely fought in competitive good humour – we await the final games to see who will raise the trophies this year at the Indoor Presentation evening and dinner to be held at the Blue Ball Inn, Sidford on May 16.
New members are always welcome at Sidmouth Bowling Club – An Open Day is planned for Sunday, April 12, running from 2pm to 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
If you think you may like to try your hand at bowling and would like more information and helpful advice, contact Mike Reader on 01395 568369.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club