Sidmouth ladies’ net lone rink success in Lane Trophy defeat to Exonia
- Credit: Archant
The past week has been a busy one for the Sidmouth bowlers, write Peter and Sue Mison.
Last Wednesday the ladies played another round in the Lane Trophy with Exonia providing the opposition. The Exeter side proved to strong in the home and away leg contest and claimed a 72-49 triumph, winning on all but one of the four rinks.
The lone success for Sidmouth was the rink of Gill Cronk, Beryl Sparkes, Pat Harvie and skip Dreda Taylor who won 15-12 to secure the team two points.
On the same day Sidmouth men played a County Trophy Over-60s match with Dawlish.
The South Devon emerged victorious to the tune of a 97-81 score line and won o three of the four rinks.
You may also want to watch:
The winning Sidmouth rink was that of Maurice Watson, David Fairclough, John Mason and skip Bob Seldon who won 27-19 at home.
On Thursday three rinks of ladies’ travelled to Axminster fro a friendly encounter and enjoyed success on two of the rinks and overall by 65 shots to 40.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
The best performing rink was that of Pat Ashton-Pritchard, Susie Bonnell, Jenny Fricker and skip Elaine Reed, the latter warranting special praise as this was her maiden match as the skip!
Last Sunday Sidmouth played a mixed match at home against Feniton, winning on two of the three rinks and by 64 shots to 58.
The top Sidmouth rink was that of Wilf Radburn, Chris Radburn, Sylvia Cook and skip Ron Cook who won by 30 shots to 21.
On Monday of this week the Devon Ladies County Indoor Bowling Association brought three rinks of patrons from various parts of the County to Sidmouth.
County president Mavis Wellington, accompanied by county vice president Mary Cherry watched the match which Sidmouth won overall by 64 shots to 50.
Well done, to the winning rink of Lorna Lever, Christa Turner, Ann Capon and skip Jill Bishop who landed a 34-6 success.
Chris Radburn and her team provided a delicious sandwich lunch afterwards which was enjoyed by all.