Sidmouth ladies on target for success
Sidmouth needed a win against Dart to ensure safety from the bottom three in the table. They had been playing confidently over the last few weeks and were able to pick a side with a strong strike force, writes Jodie Lane.
Sidmouth soon found themselves in front with an excellent goal from Charlie who received a perfectly placed pass from Lea Pidgeon through the centre of the pitch. Charlie scored again, after an excellent display of teamwork from Sarah Thomas and Sarah Roberts.
Dart managed to get a goal back from open play and, shortly afterwards, were awarded a controversial short corner, which led to a second goal.
The Sidmouth defence stayed strong and repelled a series of attacks from Dart, with excellent marking and tackling from Janet Jones and Sarah Hutchings, with Jodie Lane marshalling to ensure players were marked. Hayley Delaselle had a great game in goal, making some crucial saves.
As Sidmouth started to pick up the pace again they were rewarded for their efforts in attack with a short corner. This resulted in a goal from Taryn Beuthin who struck the ball well. Sidmouth kept the momentum up and, after some skilful play from Jem Brooker, Sidmouth were awarded another penalty corner. This time it was Player of the Match Lea Pidgeon who found the back of the goal with another brilliant strike against the Dart goalkeeper. She found the back of the net again in the second half to seal the win.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth face Plymouth Marjons away this week hoping for another success.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman