Sidmouth ladies on target for success
Sidmouth needed a win against Dart to ensure safety from the bottom three in the table. They had been playing confidently over the last few weeks and were able to pick a side with a strong strike force, writes Jodie Lane.
Sidmouth soon found themselves in front with an excellent goal from Charlie who received a perfectly placed pass from Lea Pidgeon through the centre of the pitch. Charlie scored again, after an excellent display of teamwork from Sarah Thomas and Sarah Roberts.
Dart managed to get a goal back from open play and, shortly afterwards, were awarded a controversial short corner, which led to a second goal.
The Sidmouth defence stayed strong and repelled a series of attacks from Dart, with excellent marking and tackling from Janet Jones and Sarah Hutchings, with Jodie Lane marshalling to ensure players were marked. Hayley Delaselle had a great game in goal, making some crucial saves.
As Sidmouth started to pick up the pace again they were rewarded for their efforts in attack with a short corner. This resulted in a goal from Taryn Beuthin who struck the ball well. Sidmouth kept the momentum up and, after some skilful play from Jem Brooker, Sidmouth were awarded another penalty corner. This time it was Player of the Match Lea Pidgeon who found the back of the goal with another brilliant strike against the Dart goalkeeper. She found the back of the net again in the second half to seal the win.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth face Plymouth Marjons away this week hoping for another success.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'