Sidmouth ladies on the catwalk
Wednesday saw the playing of the prestigious Fields Cup, the first cup of the season, and in spite of a weather forecast for rain all day, all 30 ladies who took part in the competition set off in the dry with just a few getting wet at the end of their rounds, writes Gill Paddon.
Lynda Reynolds retained the Fields Cup in a medal round scoring a stunning net 65, beating her nearest rivals by seven shots. Not surprisingly she has seen her handicap reduced by two.
Lynda was in great form, she was also the only one to score a two, winning the pot.
Mavis Vanstone was second, scoring a net 71, Pat Coleman was in third place with a net 72.
Fields of Sidmouth are the only sponsors of the ladies’ section and they have been supporting us for the past 15 years donating all prizes for the day.
You may also want to watch:
Once the golf competition was completed, eight glamorous lady golfers took to the catwalk for the annual fashion show, modelling the latest fashions from Fields. Although the models are not professionals they do a fantastic job.
There was a mixture of casual wear and stunning formal wear, creative hats and fascinators and jewellery all fit for a Royal Wedding, the only thing missing was the invitation!
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Pat Coleman won the putting competition with 29 putts and Penny Ashby won the Lady Captain's mystery prize.
?Last Sunday saw the start of the popular mixed friendlies. Marie Timms, the mixed section Captain, welcomed a team of 12 players from Teignmouth GC. It was a stunning day and the course, with spring flowers and blossom trees in full bloom, was an absolute delight. Everyone enjoyed the Greensomes format and the meal in the clubhouse afterwards. Sidmouth mixed section is looking forward to playing at Teignmouth GC in October.