Sidmouth ladies Over-50s Yellows beaten by Ottery St Mary.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Ladies Over-50s Yellow team hosted their friends (and rivals), Ottery St. Mary for another round of this popular league competition last Friday, writes Susie Bonnell.
It’s always much more fun playing in Folk Festival week, with a backdrop of music, the jangling bells of Morris men and women and brightly and colourfully dressed musicians and dancers strolling by!
We also had the beginnings of Big Bertha blowing a gale on the rinks, but thankfully no rain.
All these distractions resulted in one rink winning for Sidmouth.
However, the overall total score of 32-33 (if only we had secured just one more point) led to an overall loss for Sidmouth, securing only two of the available six points.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, it’s a case of ‘back on the road to success’, for the Sidmouth Ladies Over-50s Blue team.
Two rinks played away at Princes Garden on Monday of this week and both enjoyed resounding wins as the Blues landed a 58-23 victory.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
Jane Painter skipper Pat Ashton-Pritchard and Zena Johnson to a 29-15 win whilst Jill Bishop skipped Jean Brimson and Chris Hamer to an emphatic 29-8 triumph.
This left the team banking the full six points.
Well done, one and all.