Sidmouth ladies Over-50s Yellows beaten by Ottery St Mary.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Ladies Over-50s Yellow team hosted their friends (and rivals), Ottery St. Mary for another round of this popular league competition last Friday, writes Susie Bonnell.
It’s always much more fun playing in Folk Festival week, with a backdrop of music, the jangling bells of Morris men and women and brightly and colourfully dressed musicians and dancers strolling by!
We also had the beginnings of Big Bertha blowing a gale on the rinks, but thankfully no rain.
All these distractions resulted in one rink winning for Sidmouth.
However, the overall total score of 32-33 (if only we had secured just one more point) led to an overall loss for Sidmouth, securing only two of the available six points.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, it’s a case of ‘back on the road to success’, for the Sidmouth Ladies Over-50s Blue team.
Two rinks played away at Princes Garden on Monday of this week and both enjoyed resounding wins as the Blues landed a 58-23 victory.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
Jane Painter skipper Pat Ashton-Pritchard and Zena Johnson to a 29-15 win whilst Jill Bishop skipped Jean Brimson and Chris Hamer to an emphatic 29-8 triumph.
This left the team banking the full six points.
Well done, one and all.