Sidmouth ladies pairing Willoughby and Langdon off to Yelverton in September
- Credit: Â© Royalty-Free/CORBIS
Last Friday several of our veteran ladies played in the qualifying round of the Killard Leavey Foursome.
In first place were Ann Willoughby and Sue Langdon, and they will represent the club at the final round, being played at Yelverton on September 15.
The runners-up were Gill Paddon and Sheila Skittrall.
On Wednesday the ladies contested the Radford Cup, played as a stableford competition.
Some good scores were achieved and, in first place was Maria Clapp who came in with a magnificent score of 38 points and due to this has seen her handicap cut to 20 and is now a Silver Division player.
You may also want to watch:
Second place went to Sheila Tallon with 35 points, this on countback from Penny Ashby, one of three other players to card 35 points!
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 7 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey