Sidmouth ladies’ persistence pays off
Sidmouth HC Ladies’ 1st XI 3, Plymouth Marjon 1
The Sidmouth team travelled to University of Plymouth and got to see their new sports facilities which have been completed recently. With Sidmouth winning the previous two matches, confidence was high when the whistle blew, writes Kelsey Fitzgerald.
Both teams started well and had chances, Sidmouth passing the ball well. Player of the Match, Lea Pidgeon, played strongly in centre midfield and was a great pivot point for the attacking players.
With much persistence and pressure from Sidmouth, Taryn Beuthin got the ball behind the opposition’s goalkeeper and Kelsey Fitzgerald quickly slipped the ball into the goal in the last few minutes of the half.
Sidmouth started to weaken in the third quarter of the game. However, when Taryn Beuthin came back on the pitch, Sidmouth began to play more aggressively and, with an attack on Plymouth’s D, Beuthin made a fantastic strike to put Sidmouth 2-0 ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, Plymouth got a short corner and were rewarded with a well deserved goal. Not long afterwards, Beuthin made another stunning strike on goal taking Sidmouth to 3-1 when the final whistle blew.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman