Sidmouth ladies’ Presidents team net fine win against Honiton
- Credit: Archant
On Friday, Sidmouth ladies’ Presidents team played the first of their four return home matches when they welcomed Honiton to Sidmouth, writes Pauline Couldwell.
First out was Sheila Faulkner, giving a big four shot advantage to her opponent and unfortunately being defeated.
Next out was team captain, Maria Clapp, giving three shots, and she secured a victory over her opponent.
Penny Lyne followed in her captain's footsteps with a substantial six-and-four win having also given her opponent three shots.
Paula Button was next out with no shots given either way and she had a tremendous win of seven-and-six!
You may also want to watch:
Marie Timms and Ros Eaton both were given a shot by their opponents and both secured a win whilst Gill Paddon battled well, with no shots given, but was narrowly defeated.
The overall result was Sidmouth won 5-2 and the team look forward to welcoming East Devon for their next fixture.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
After the match the ladies enjoyed a lovely buffet supplied by Kerry and Wayne and thanks were given to them, the green staff for the excellent course conditions and, of course, the wonderful sunshine and sea views!