Sidmouth ladies Rosalie Warren Macmillan Trophy win for Ann Willoughby
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday, Sidmouth ladies played for the Rosalie Warren Macmillan Trophy.
This was presented to the ladies’ section in 2011 by Mrs Warren, who was the ladies’ captain in 2009.
This is a stableford competition, which raises funds for the charity. The entry fees and donations are forwarded to the charity. Ann Willoughby was the successful winner on the day with 39 points.
Countback was needed to secure the winner, as Heather Cowan also came in with 39 points. Once again, the competition could have gone either way! Marian Andrews took third place with 38 points and Alison Godwin came in with 37 points.
This resulted in the four ladies mentioned receiving a handicap reduction. Several ladies have seen their handicaps reduced in the last couple of weeks, which is great news.
You may also want to watch:
Two ladies managed to get a two. They were Yvonne Anning and Sheila Tallon, so the pot will have to be shared!
Once again the weather was kind to us and the views were spectacular.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
The ladies academy has now finished. It has been a huge success with several of the ladies taking up the membership.
They come along on a Wednesday to meet and socialize with the established lady members, and also a game of golf! We are also marking cards for these ladies, to enable them to get an active handicap. They can then enter the competitions with the other lady members in the very near future.
New lady members are always very welcome, at anytime of the year.