Sidmouth ladies Rose Basket competition proves a close affair
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday Sidmouth Ladies played the fifth round of the Rose Bowl and Basket competition.
Once again, there was a stableford competition run in conjunction with the main two events.
The latest round saw Angela Coles secure success in the Rose Bowl with a score of 36 points. Maria Clapp was the runner-up with a score of 32 points.
The Rose Basket was a close affair with countback used to determine Marie Timms as the winner and Penny Lyne as runner-up with both players returning scores of 34 points.
The stableford was won by Angela Coles, with Marie Timms in second place and third place went to Sue Hackett.
You may also want to watch:
Angela Coles had three holes where she didn’t score a point, therefore her score could have been even better!
The weather was kind to the ladies once again and, as ever, the course played very well for this time of year. This reflected in the good scores achieved by several players.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
There were no two’s again and therefore the twos prize pot is increasing nicely and would thus be well worth winning just before Christmas!