Sidmouth ladies Rose Bowl and Rose basket win for Sheila Faulkner
- Credit: Archant
Twenty-one ladies took part this week in the third round of the winter competition for the Rose Bowl and Rose Basket, writes Andrea Milton.
The course was looking in great condition, although it was very windy on the holes near to the sea.
However, conditions were pleasant in the sheltered part of the course further up the valley.
Starting her round with back-to-back birdies on the first two holes was obviously a good omen for Sheila Faulkner.
She went on to have pars on the fourth, 10th, 11th, 12th and 15th holes, carding a score of 36 to win the competition in style.
You may also want to watch:
In second place was Chris Cave, who scored 33 points and just nudged Liz Chance, also on 33 points, into third place on countback.
Nobody managed to get a two and that all means that the twos pot rolls over for the third consecutive week.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb