Sidmouth ladies Rose Bowl success for Angela Coles
- Credit: Archant
During the winter months, Sidmouth ladies play in the Rose Bowl and Rose Basket competitions, writes Maria Clapp.
The Rose Bowl, for the under 65’s, and the Rose Basket for the over 65’s.
There are six weeks where the ladies can enter this competition. They then choose the best four scores for their final result.
If they can’t play in all of the competitions, it doesn’t matter, as long as they play in four - and forward their results!
The weather for Wednesday’s opening action couldn’t have been better. You could tell it was Autumn, as the leaves were falling and many of the trees were looking bare! The colors were spectacular. My partner and I mentioned them on several occasions during our round.
You may also want to watch:
First place in the Rose Bowl round on this occasion was Angela Coles with 35 points. Second place went to our lady captain, Sheila Faulkner with 33 points.
In first place in the Rose Basket was Annie Carter with 39 points and second was Gerri Whitrow with 36 points.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
No doubt these ladies will be using these scores in their final four! Unless they improve on them in the next rounds of course!
A club Stableford is run on conjunction with this competition. The overall result for this was Annie Carter in first place with Gerri Whitrow second and Angela Coles in third.
There were no twos scored and so the pot of money will roll over to next week. Here’s looking forward to more great weather!