Sidmouth ladies’ Rose Bowl success for Maria Clapp
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday Sidmouth ladies played the fourth round of the Rose Bowl and Basket competition.
A stableford was also run in conjunction with the Bowl and Basket meet.
The Rose Bowl was won by Maria Clapp with 33 points. In second place, with 32 points, was Liz Chance.
The Rose Basket was won by lady captain, Margaret Deuce with 32 points. The runner-up was Sue Billinghurst with 27 points.
Three players came in with 32 points, so it was a very close run competition. Well done to one and all for these were some terrific scores given the time of year and the current conditions.
You may also want to watch:
The stableford was won by Maria Clapp. The minor places were a close call with countback called into play to separate Liz Chance in second and Angela Coles in third.
Andrea Milton had a brilliant two on the sixth hole and won five points for this superb effort!
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 3 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 4 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 5 The questions of British Lions selection
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
The weather was kind to the ladies for the day’s action with only slight drizzle falling at times.