Sidmouth ladies’ Rose Bowl success for Mo Kendall
- Credit: Archant
Last week Sidmouth ladies played their third round of the Rose Bowl and Basket competition, writes Maria Clapp.
The winner of the Rose Bowl with an amazing score of 41 points was Mo Kendall which was fantastic to see as she is one of our newest lady members.
This was also the first time she had one a competition outright. Well done, Mo! Second place went to Sheila Faulkner with 35 points.
The Rose Basket was won by Marian Thomas with 34 points and Susan Hackett came second with 31 points on countback from Ros Eaton.
The club competition, run in conjunction with the Bowl and Basket competition, was won by Mo Kendall. Sheila Faulkner was the runner-up and third was Marian Thomas.
You may also want to watch:
Sheila Faulkner was the lucky winner of the twos pot - which has been running for several weeks!
On Wednesday, the ladies played a fun competition. This was a stableford format, but you only played with four clubs and a putter.
- 1 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Jane Renken came in first place with 36 points. She obviously chose her club wisely! In second place was Marie Timms with another good score of 35 points.
In third place was Susan Hackett with 34 points on countback from Ros Eaton who also scored 34 points.
The weather was glorious, a perfect winter’s day with beautiful sunshine. Three temporary greens were in place first thing in the morning due to the sharp frost!