Sidmouth ladies row well at Appledore
- Credit: Archant
The annual SuperVet championship took place in Appledore, North Devon, last weekend, and Sidmouth Gig Racing Club entered one ladies’ and two men’s teams.
Sidmouth ladies did well to make the semi-finals. Both men’s crews rowed hard and well but didn’t make the cut this time.
The ladies and men will be travelling to the Scilly Isles at the end of April to take part in the World Championship. They will be using their beautiful wooden gig boat named Keith Owen.
Sidmouth Gig Racing Club was founded five years ago and has around 40 members who enjoy rowing on the sea off Sidmouth, and taking part in regattas during the summer months.
Not surprisingly quite a lot of members are over 50s who count as SuperVets in the sport.
You may also want to watch:
The club is looking for new members, male or female, aged 18 or over.
During the summer months the club rows from Sidmouth beach on Wednesday and Friday evenings, and also on Sunday mornings.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
For a trial row, call Colin Bartlett on 01395 516532, or email email@example.com