Sidmouth ladies see best score yet struck in their County Par competitions
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth ladies played their monthly County Par competition this week, writes Andrea Milton.
The par competition format is actually competing against the course and the player either wins the hole, pars the hole or loses the hole.
This gives scores of plus, zero or minus for each hole so the more plus scores the better.
Despite overnight rain and a foggy morning there was a good turn out.
The winner, with a fantastic score of plus six, was Susan Hackett.
You may also want to watch:
This is the best score achieved in our County par competitions as far back as the computer records go, back to 2011!
This truly was a great score and it did also result in a handicap cut for Susan who will now play off 31. Well played.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
In second place was Ladies Captain Maria Clapp, with a score of minus one, and third was Ros Eaton also minus one. Two twos were carded, by Maria Clapp and Diana Anderson.