Sidmouth ladies see off the gentlemen in annual indoor meeting
- Credit: Archant
There’s not too much to report this week from the Sidmouth indoor bowlers, writes Carol Smith.
In general there’s been plenty of practise taking place as it is much more difficult to adapt to the gentle touch of indoor bowling at the beginning of the season, rather than the heaving a bowler tends to engage in at the beginning of the outdoor season!
Talking of the gentle touch, the main event this week was the annual needle match that sees the ladies take on the gents!
It’s played over two sessions with the aggregate score used to determine the winners.
The morning session saw the ladies win handsomely on all three rinks, ending up as 63 shots to 41 victors.
You may also want to watch:
The afternoon session proved to be a much closer affair, with the ladies winning on two rinks, and the gents securing the overall success by 37 shots to 34 shots.
However, adding the scores together the ladies won 97-78. Hard luck then, to the gentlemen, but well done, ladies’, that’s a fine success.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution