Sidmouth ladies see off the men in annual outdoor meeting
- Credit: Archant
Bank Holiday Monday saw the playing of the regular internal fixture that sees the men taking on the ladies.
It is fair to say that this early in the season our men usually being stronger in the arm tend to get their own back on us for beating them indoors!
Last year we won on just one of the six rinks! However, this year it was certainly a different story!
On what was a wonderful day, with terrific atmosphere, lots of laughter and no small measure of banter - plus rivalry - it was the ladies who took the match honours with success on four of the six rinks that were played. It all led to an overall 126-116 win. Well done, ladies!
The best of the men's rinks was the one of Wilf Radburn, Peter Bloomfield, Ray Tallent and skip Chris Nappin, who won 32-14.
You may also want to watch:
The best ladies rink was the one of Chris Radburn, Joan Crook, Janice Quinn and skip Carol Smith, who recorded an outstanding score of 30-10.
In the bar post match, the men were very generous in defeat and bought drinks for the ladies - thank you gentlemen!
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Last, but certainly not least for this latest report, there is a terrific success in the Over-50s Exeter and District League for the Sidmouth ladies Blue team.
They bounced back from their defeat the week before to win on both rinks in their match at Feniton to bank all six points.
The final score was 39-20 to Sidmouth with the rink scores being: Maggie Masson, Jane Painter and skip Jill Bishop, 20-8, and Jean Brimson, Ann Capon and skip Zena Johnson, 19-12.