Sidmouth ladies set up Top Club tie with Honiton
- Credit: Archant
It’s always a big day on the indoor calendar when the Sidmouth ladies begin their quest in the National Top Club competition, writes Susie Bonnell.
This year’s first round was no exception - when the ladies met their opponents, South Hams, in the Top Club last Sunday.
With five disciplines to be played, some at home and some away, it’s a tense time waiting for the final results to be aggregated and a winner decided upon. The two-wood singles, the pairs and the rinks were contested at Sidmouth, with the triples and four-wood singles played at South Hams.
It was very nip and tuck as the last bowls were sent rolling up the rink, but Sidmouth succeeded in winning three of the five disciplines, assuring them of a place in the next round.
They will now meet Honiton on Sunday, January 29, with the same format (three teams at home and two away).
You may also want to watch:
All at Sidmouth Bowling Club will be routing for another win for the ladies.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support