Sidmouth ladies set up Top Club tie with Honiton
- Credit: Archant
It’s always a big day on the indoor calendar when the Sidmouth ladies begin their quest in the National Top Club competition, writes Susie Bonnell.
This year’s first round was no exception - when the ladies met their opponents, South Hams, in the Top Club last Sunday.
With five disciplines to be played, some at home and some away, it’s a tense time waiting for the final results to be aggregated and a winner decided upon. The two-wood singles, the pairs and the rinks were contested at Sidmouth, with the triples and four-wood singles played at South Hams.
It was very nip and tuck as the last bowls were sent rolling up the rink, but Sidmouth succeeded in winning three of the five disciplines, assuring them of a place in the next round.
They will now meet Honiton on Sunday, January 29, with the same format (three teams at home and two away).
You may also want to watch:
All at Sidmouth Bowling Club will be routing for another win for the ladies.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year