Sidmouth ladies share spoils in Lane County meeting with Isca
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies banked five Lane County Triples League points when they shared the spoils with Exeter-based Isca, writes Carol Smith.
Out of the four rinks played Sidmouth secured success on one home rink and one away rink in the 61-all draw.
The winning away team, with a great score of 22-11, was the team of Mary Turner, Janice Quinn and skip Chris Hamer while the successful home team, with a 15-12 win, comprised of Jackie Godbeer, Jean Green and skip Shirley Rose. As things currently stand, Sidmouth sit third in the five team division.
That Wednesday Lane fixture was followed the next day by a ladies’ friendly match at Budleigh where they recorded a 33-22 success with victory for both rinks.
Carol Timms, Mary Turner, Elaine Reed and skip Val Newnham had a great score of 18-9 and the team of Mary Bristow, Sandra Wheeler, Jean Green and skip Susie Bonnell won 15-13. Well done ladies, keep it going.
You may also want to watch:
There were a couple of friendly matches played over the weekend with fixtures against a team from South Dorset and neighbours – and great friends – Ottery St Mary.
Sidmouth won both meetings with good scores recorded. It is important to emphasise that these friendly games are the backbone of any club and it’s great to keep in touch with people you would otherwise not see throughout the winter.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
They are also very sociable occasions, and, usually after the game, you have a chat and the bar is open!
In the meeting with South Dorset the best rink was the one of Pat Hague, Anita Mason, Bert Hague and skip Zena Johnson, who were 32-18 winners while, in the meeting with Ottery St Mary, Pat Hague, Sylvia Cook, Karen Hollingsdale and skip Bert Hague won 28-13. Thank you, to all the wonderful folk who support these matches.