Sidmouth ladies’ Spring Meeting success for trio
- Credit: Archant
On Saturday, Sidmouth ladies held their Spring Meeting, writes Marie Clapp.
This event usually marks the official start to the season. However, owing to the recent weather it had to be postponed for a couple of weeks.
The format for the day was a Texas Scramble. Teams of three played with a 20 per cent handicap of the combined total.
This is always a great event, as you can be playing shots from places you have never been before! Each player drives, you then choose the best drive and then you all take your shot from that position. You do this until the ball is in the hole.
Each player also has to record four of their drives on the card! Therefore, not always choosing the best! A bit of tactics! The winning team on the day, with an excellent score of 55.2 were Maria Clapp, Jane Renken and Yvonne Anning.
You may also want to watch:
Second place went to the ladies’ captain Sheila Faulkner, Jill Jeffrey and Mo Kendall with 56 points. Third place went to Angela Coles, Margaret Thompson and Penny Ashby with 57.8. These were all great scores and shows that the meeting was indeed a very close competition.
The ladies’ captain invited club captain Colin Macklin to assist with the prize giving. The pair presented lovely prizes of vases and bowls to the prize winners. A draw was also held, with proceeds to Sidmouth Hospiscare. A great day was had by all.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey