Sidmouth ladies Stableford success for Catherine Walden
- Credit: Archant
After what seems like weeks of rain, forcing the closure of Sidmouth golf course, it was nice to have the course open, writes Pauline Couldwell.
Although the weather was overcast and damp, unlike the previous two days, it was great to have 20 entries for the midweek ladies competition.
There were also ladies who were pleased to be out playing, but wanted to play a few holes and so there were a lot of ladies meeting afterwards in the clubhouse for a chat and refreshments.
The competition format was stableford with a twist in that each player could use three mulligans anywhere, except the putting surface, this could be if a drive was a bit wayward, in a bad position in the rough or landed in a bunker, so these would need to be chosen carefully.
Despite the inclement weather conditions, the green staff have worked hard to ensure the course was playable and this was reflected in the good results.
You may also want to watch:
In first place with 38 points was Catherine Walden. In second place with 35 points was Liz Chance and third place went to Gerri Whitrow with 31 points. Well done, to all of them.
Three players managed a two with those being Penny Lyne and Jane Renken, who both recorded their efforts on the fourth hole while Angela Coles achieved it on the 12th.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon