Sidmouth Ladies stage splendid Invitation Day in glorious sunshine.
- Credit: Archant
Last Wednesday Sidmouth Ladies held their Invitation Day, writes Maria Clapp.
Ladies were invited to the club from far and wide!
The format of the day was a four ball better ball and Sheila Faulkner and her partner Helen Kenworthy from Axe Cliff were the winners with 41 points on countback from Linda Reynolds and Corrina Knowles from Exeter.
Sheila Faulkner scored an amazing eagle on the 16th par five hole, this added five points to their score!
In third place was Maria Clapp and her guest Shirley Horsborough from East Devon with 40 points.
You may also want to watch:
Maria and Shirley were the only two players who scored a two.
Shirley on the fourth and Maria on the 11th. They both received a sleeve of golf balls.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
In the clubhouse after the game refreshments were served and everyone enjoyed themselves and chatted about the day.
Our guests remarked on how wonderful the course was looking and playing.
A splendid raffle was held and prizes were presented to the winners.
Each of the guests went away with a Sidmouth Golf Club souvenir.