Sidmouth ladies suffer opening Lane League defeat
- Credit: Archant
Last Wednesday our ladies played the first game of the Lane League against Torbay, writes Carol Smith.
This is a County League competition and similar to the Foxlands with the format being two teams playing home and two away with a maximum of 10 points available.
One slight difference is that the matches are played with triples rather than the four-player rinks.
Unfortunately, we didn’t fare too well, but one of our home rinks had a very good win and the other lost by just one shot!
The overall score was Sidmouth 58, Torbay 70. Our winning rink was that of Mary Smith, Jean Green, and skip Chris Hamer, with a great score of 24-11 and from their performance we were able to bank two points.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday we sent four mixed rinks off to our friends and neighbours at Honiton where, although we lost on three of the four rinks, the overall result was pretty good at Honiton 73, Sidmouth 71 and a narrow two shot defeat!
Our top team was the one of Ray Tallent, Sheila Palmer, Ted Button and skip Susie Bonnell, who chalked up a 24-12 success. Very well done to them!
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 9 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival