Sidmouth ladies suffer Yetton Trophy exit at hands of Torbay
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies, after winning handsomely in the first round of the Yetton Trophy, were tasked with a second game against Torbay and this proved to be rather more challenging, writes Carol Smith.
We did win on both rinks at home by just a few shots, but in this national competition it is just the overall score that counts and you get no points for being a winning rink.
The top Sidmouth rink was the home one of Jean Brimson, Paula Button, Valerie Newnham and skip Carol Smith, who won 20-15.
The other home rink of Jan J Bates, Mary Turner and Ann Capon, won 16-15.
Unfortunately, both the away rinks suffered defeats and so overall, Sidmouth lost the fixture by a margin of 21 shots, 85-64.
You may also want to watch:
What's more, as this game was in a knockout competition - that's it folks!
Club competitions have now started and, on Sunday, we saw the staging of the first round of the ladies' championship.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
Those through to the next round are; Zena Johnson, Elaine Reed, Jill Bishop, Carol Smith, Jane Painter and Chris Radburn.