Sidmouth ladies suffer Yetton Trophy exit at hands of Torbay
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies, after winning handsomely in the first round of the Yetton Trophy, were tasked with a second game against Torbay and this proved to be rather more challenging, writes Carol Smith.
We did win on both rinks at home by just a few shots, but in this national competition it is just the overall score that counts and you get no points for being a winning rink.
The top Sidmouth rink was the home one of Jean Brimson, Paula Button, Valerie Newnham and skip Carol Smith, who won 20-15.
The other home rink of Jan J Bates, Mary Turner and Ann Capon, won 16-15.
Unfortunately, both the away rinks suffered defeats and so overall, Sidmouth lost the fixture by a margin of 21 shots, 85-64.
You may also want to watch:
What's more, as this game was in a knockout competition - that's it folks!
Club competitions have now started and, on Sunday, we saw the staging of the first round of the ladies' championship.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
Those through to the next round are; Zena Johnson, Elaine Reed, Jill Bishop, Carol Smith, Jane Painter and Chris Radburn.