Sidmouth ladies take part in Woodland Relay meeting
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth entered two ladies teams in the Woodland Relay Series of races that took place at Escot Park, writes Terry Bewes.
The event, organised by Honiton Running Club, attracted 47 teams in total. Teams of three were divided into all male, all female, mixed and juniors.
Each member runs the same 1.6-mile circuit with a hill climb towards the end but that gave a nice downhill sprint to the changeover and finish.
I have learnt that at the start our two captains were so engrossed in discussing tactics (or that was what I was told) that the rest of the field had set off before they realised it!
However, all members enjoyed the evening and the ‘mighty green’ was worn and the club was shown supporting another event.
You may also want to watch:
Final results have not yet been published, but it is highly unlikely that we will be in the top three unless there are a mass of disqualifications, but one thing for sure as you can see from the photo we had the two most glamorous teams.
One of the teams was called Sidmouth Smiles and the three runners times were: Becky Robson, 14:36, Jo Earlam, 13:50 and Sue Collman, 13:55 for a team total time of 42:21 and the other team, Sidmouth Green Goddesses returned times of: Helen Palmer, 14:46, Jennifer Bentley, 15:41 and Suzi Rocky, 14:15 for a team total of 44:42.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 6 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Suffice to say, well done, ladies.