Sidmouth ladies triumph yet again
Another very successful week for Sidmouth Ladies, with the Over 50s league winning another five points.
This time it was at home against Pinces Gardens. The teams were Pat Ashton-Pritchard, Jean Green and Eileen Hewett 22-12; Margaret King, Paddy Chew and Sheila Burnand 17-19.
Congratulations to Mary and Brian Smith, and Christa and Bill Turner, for coming runners up for the Redfern Trophy at Ottery St Mary Bowls Club.
The ladies’ away game this week was at Seaton. It is Seaton’s Centenary Year and we received a very warm welcome. It was a lovely, sunny afternoon and Sidmouth won by 18 shots.
The best rink was Sue Mison, Zena Johnson, Margaret Colman and Jill Bishop 34-21.
You may also want to watch:
The home game was against Crediton and, even though only two rinks played, we all had a very friendly, enjoyable match. Weather might have been dull but the play was not!
Sidmouth won by five shots, and the players on the winning rink were Jill Lewis, Jane Painter, Dreda Taylor and Jenny Fricker.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 9 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
The Sunset Umbrella had yet another very good evening game this week - helped along by the folk music from Blackmore Gardens and the thought of the pasties cooking in the clubhouse for afterwards!